tiles and slates roof Dublin
"Fiberglass (also called fibreglass and glass fibre) is material made from extremely fine fibers of glass.
It is used as a reinforcing material for many polymer products. The composite material, that is produced by this method is called "fiberglass" in popular usage. The proper names are fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) or glass-reinforced plastic (GRP). Glassmakers throughout history have experimented with glass fibers, but mass manufacture of fiberglass was only made possible when finer tools for machines were produced." read more at simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiberglass
"Many buildings contain asbestos, which was used in spray-applied flame retardant, thermal system insulation, and in a variety of other materials. Asbestos was sometimes "flocked" above false ceilings, inside technical ducts, and in many other small spaces where firefighters would have difficulty gaining access. Structural components like asbestos panels were also used. In residences, asbestos was often a component of a type of flocked acoustic ceiling called popcorn ceiling or "cottage cheese ceiling", until its production was banned in the US in 1978." read more at wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos_abatement
Single-ply roofing is a popular choice for large public-sector and commercial projects. Products with third-party certification provide a guarantee of meeting relevant test criteria and usually include an indication of the expected service life based on accelerated ageing tests and performance in use. The ability of membranes to withstand solar heating is one of the key properties for durable performance.
What is roof insulation?
Because of its buoyancy, hot air tends to rise, and as a result buildings that are inadequately insulated can lose a quarter of their heat through their roof. There may also be significant heat gains through roofs during the summer. This means that insulating a loft, attic or roof is a simple and effective way of reducing heat loss, the size of heating and cooling systems, energy usage and so carbon emissions.
( read more at www.DesigningBuildings.co.uk/wiki/Roof_insulation )
For roofing repairs and guttering services, call EBRoofing in Dublin on 087-183.4279 today.
- Flat Roofing Systems, Tiles & Slate Roof, Chimneys Repairs, Thermal Insulation, Guttering Repairs and many more... Read more »
New Flat Roofs
- Is your roof leaking?
Maybe some shingles or flashing have blown off? Perhaps the damage is more severe such as sagging... Read more »
When you need a roof repair
- We offer residential and commercial roofing services including:
Roof ... Read more »
Tiles and slates
- Your roof slates or tiles not only have to fulfil the role of forming a watertight layer, keeping your home dry, but als... Read more »
Flat Roof Repair
- Never get stuck with a leaky roof again! Our team will quickly come to your rescue and make the repairs necessary on you... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
At EB Roofing we are very proud of the quality of roofing service that we provide for our community in Dublin.
... Read more »
Repair any minor defects found during the annual inspection survey
Remove debris and unnecessary objects that may p... Read more »
- I would like to thank Eugene and all his team for works carried out a the Glasnevin Academy Of Music and what a great jo... Read more »
- EB roofing did fantastic work on the roof of my extension. They were fast, clean and efficient at a very affordable pric... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Marie Anne McCusker
- Many thanks Eugeniu to you and your team for the great job you did on repairing our flat roof recently. The various opti... Read more »
- You might be one of those people who hates going to the dentist. You want to put it off, it could be painfully expensive... Read more »
How to repair and replacement of individual roof tiles
- Here we look in depth at practical steps to consider with the actual repair and replac... Read more »
Roof Showdown - Tiles vs. Slates
- Which is right for your roof?
The easiest contrast to understand is that slate is a natural stone, wherea... Read more »
The Difference Between Tiles and Slates
- Good quality roofing materials are essential to protect the roof from water leaks and weather damage... Read more »
- A rain gutter or surface water collection channel is a component of water discharge system for a building. Water from a pitched ... Read more »
- Do you have a flat or pitched roof?
The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have. Pitc... Read more »
Home Improvments - Roof insulation
- The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have.
Pitched roof - the... Read more »
Roof Maintenance Tips
- What Should You Do About Moss On Your Roof?
No matter what kind of roof you have, you may have noticed that it has a... Read more »
Insulation - Why Is It Important?
- The First Step to Going Green Is to Check Your Home's Insulation
Whether you are considering investing i... Read more »
- Shingle roofing
In its broadest sense, ‘shingle’ is a catch-all term used for any roof covering consisting of discrete... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Prepare your home for winter
- These beautiful Summer days won't last forever. The days are getting shorter and colder, which means Jack Frost ... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
Time To Call The Roof Repair Guy? These Tips Will Tell You When!
- There are many home improvements that we look forward to completing — like... Read more »
Top 7 Expert Tips to Winter Proof Your Roof
- We are fast approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it’s time to dig out the hats, ... Read more »
Regular Roofing Maintenance: When to Inspect the Roof
- You are aging. Don't deny it. Every day takes its toll on you little by little. Becaus... Read more »
Flat Roof or Sloped Roof: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Flat roofs and sloped roofs both are used frequently in modern constructions. Before c... Read more »
How to Inspect a Roof
- Any roof inspection should look at the roof, of course, but the roof surface is only one item that should be checked. T... Read more »
Evaluate Building Components Thoroughly Before Deciding to Re-Roof
- Roof leaks are often a nuisance for a building owner or property manager. ... Read more »
Determining The Condition of a Roof
- Roofing problems seem to show up at the worst possible times and, often, in the worst possible places. Th... Read more »
- Single-ply membranes are factory-manufactured sheet membranes. They generally are categorized as either thermoplastic or... Read more »
- Thermoset membranes incorporate principal polymers that are chemically cross linked or vulcanized. Membranes that are vul... Read more »
- Thermoplastic materials are distinguished from thermoset materials in that there is no chemical crosslinking. These m... Read more »
What is Roof Insulation?
- Roof insulation is the provision of insulation in the roof space in order to prevent heat loss through the ceilings ... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
The Benefits of Building a Relationship with your Commercial Roofing Contractor
- Your building's roof is an important component in the protect... Read more »
5 Tips for Flat Roof Maintenance
- Maintenance is an essential part of preserving the integrity of a flat roofing system. Generally roofs shoul... Read more »
Cost to Replace Fascias and Soffits With UPVC
- Most roofs are fitted with fascia boards, which are the timbers fixed onto the edges of rafters... Read more »
Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiberglass Roof
- People want new technology as per the changing time and many technologies have also emerged w... Read more »
Important Information About Chopped Fiberglass Roofing!
- With the latest roofing innovations, numerous manufacturers continue to provide prosp... Read more »
A quarter of heat is lost through the roof in an uninsulated home
- Choosing loft insulation
If your loft is easy to access and has no damp ... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
Repairing Damaged Gutters
- Gutters and downspouts collect and carry away rainwater that would otherwise run off the roof, splash down and erod... Read more »
Cherry picker Dublin
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached ... Read more »
Basic Characteristics of Roof Insulation
- 1. Thermal Performance:
The type and thickness of the insulating material determines the therma... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
- Roof cleaning is the process of removing algae, mold, mildew, lichen and moss from roofs. Also cleaning oxidation on metal roof... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
Telescopic vs. Articulating Boom Lifts: What’s the Difference?
- Both lifts can take construction workers to high, hard-to-reach spots, but n... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
The Advantages of Using a Cherry Picker
- Whether you’re cleaning the windows on a building with several storeys or you need to reach an awkw... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
Roof Safety Tips for Holiday Decorating
- A. Prep your materials.
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting all the way up to the roof... Read more »
Is the Water on Your Ceiling a Roof Leak or Condensation?
- When temperatures warm up after plunging below freezing for a few days, a lot of ho... Read more »
Can I Sue Santa Claus for Roof Damage?
- It’s that magical time of year again, when bells will be jingling and stockings hung by the chimney ... Read more »
Advice for applying fibreglass roof in winter
- Cold weather in the winter can severely hamper fibreglass roof installation. But though it may ... Read more »
What is a Roof garden?
A roof garden is a garden on the roof of a building. Besides the decorative benefit, roof plantings may provide f... Read more »
Fascias and Soffits
- Fascias and soffits are the boards that cover the ends of the roof rafters where they sit on top of the outer wall of a h... Read more »