roofing contractor Artane
Roof maintenance is not something homeowners think about, but it is important. Maintaining your roof increases its lifespan and saves money in the future. Spending a few minutes every six months looking closely at your roof can help you identify roof maintenance opportunities that will help prevent costly repairs later.
Insulating your loft or roof is a simple and effective way to reduce heat loss, lower your heating bills and make your home more comfortable. Expert advice on roof insulation, including how to insulate a flat or pitched roof, how much it costs and how much cash you can save by getting roof insulation.
Single-ply roofing membranes have grown in popularity over the past 30 years, and due to their flexibility, relative ease of installation, and competitive price, it’s no wonder that building owners and facilities professionals are interested. If you’ve sipped the alphabet soup of single-ply roofing systems, then you probably have a taste for their characteristics and advantages.
What is Green Roofs?
Green roofs are roofs that are purposely fitted or cultivated with vegetation. They are also be known as living roofs, eco-roofs or vegetated roofs (CIBSE 2007).
It is generally accepted that there are two main types of green roof which are described by Kibert (2008) as:
- 'Extensive: Extensive landscaped roofs are defined as low maintenance, drought-tolerant, self-seeding vegetated roof covers that incorporate colourful sedums, grasses, mosses, and meadow flowers that require little or no irrigation, fertilisation, or maintenance… Extensive systems can be placed on low-slope and pitched roofs with up to a 40% slope.
- Intensive: If there is adequate load-bearing capacity, it is possible to create actual roof gardens on many buildings. This type of eco-roof system may include lawns, meadows, bushes, trees, ponds, and terraced surfaces. Intensive systems are far more complex and heavy than extensive eco-roof systems and hence require far more maintenance.'
Some authors also describe a third type of green roof as 'simple intensive' which usually comprise grasses, herbaceous plants and shrubs. Simple intensive green roofs can be constructed using varying depths of substrate, thus combining elements of extensive and intensive roofs (Newton, Gedge et al. 2007).
Extensive green roofs are the most popularly deployed forms of green roofs as they are generally light weight and low cost. ( read more at www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Green_roofs )
For roofing repairs and guttering services, call EBRoofing in Dublin on 087-183.4279 today.
- Flat Roofing Systems, Tiles & Slate Roof, Chimneys Repairs, Thermal Insulation, Guttering Repairs and many more... Read more »
- We offer competitive pricing in addition to the high standards of quality roofing, Free Quotes and 24/7 Emergency Servic... Read more »
New Flat Roofs
- Is your roof leaking?
Maybe some shingles or flashing have blown off? Perhaps the damage is more severe such as sagging... Read more »
When you need a roof repair
- We offer residential and commercial roofing services including:
Roof ... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
At EB Roofing we are very proud of the quality of roofing service that we provide for our community in Dublin.
... Read more »
Cherry Picker Services
All Roofing Services
Painting and Decorating
TV aerial installation or repair, Sate... Read more »
- EB roofing did fantastic work on the roof of my extension. They were fast, clean and efficient at a very affordable pric... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Regular Roofing Maintenance: When to Inspect the Roof
- You are aging. Don't deny it. Every day takes its toll on you little by little. Becaus... Read more »
The Benefits of Building a Relationship with your Commercial Roofing Contractor
- Your building's roof is an important component in the protect... Read more »
5 Tips for Flat Roof Maintenance
- Maintenance is an essential part of preserving the integrity of a flat roofing system. Generally roofs shoul... Read more »
Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiberglass Roof
- People want new technology as per the changing time and many technologies have also emerged w... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
- Storm Eunice made landfall in Ireland overnight, with severe winds, heavy rain and snow reported in parts of the country.
Both ... Read more »
Time To Call The Roof Repair Guy? These Tips Will Tell You When!
- There are many home improvements that we look forward to completing — like... Read more »
- You might be one of those people who hates going to the dentist. You want to put it off, it could be painfully expensive... Read more »
Top 7 Expert Tips to Winter Proof Your Roof
- We are fast approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it’s time to dig out the hats, ... Read more »
Flat Roof or Sloped Roof: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Flat roofs and sloped roofs both are used frequently in modern constructions. Before c... Read more »
How to Inspect a Roof
- Any roof inspection should look at the roof, of course, but the roof surface is only one item that should be checked. T... Read more »
Evaluate Building Components Thoroughly Before Deciding to Re-Roof
- Roof leaks are often a nuisance for a building owner or property manager. ... Read more »
Determining The Condition of a Roof
- Roofing problems seem to show up at the worst possible times and, often, in the worst possible places. Th... Read more »
- Thermoset membranes incorporate principal polymers that are chemically cross linked or vulcanized. Membranes that are vul... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
Important Information About Chopped Fiberglass Roofing!
- With the latest roofing innovations, numerous manufacturers continue to provide prosp... Read more »
- Do you have a flat or pitched roof?
The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have. Pitc... Read more »
Home Improvments - Roof insulation
- The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have.
Pitched roof - the... Read more »
Roof Showdown - Tiles vs. Slates
- Which is right for your roof?
The easiest contrast to understand is that slate is a natural stone, wherea... Read more »
Roof Maintenance Tips
- What Should You Do About Moss On Your Roof?
No matter what kind of roof you have, you may have noticed that it has a... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
The Difference Between Tiles and Slates
- Good quality roofing materials are essential to protect the roof from water leaks and weather damage... Read more »
- Shingle roofing
In its broadest sense, ‘shingle’ is a catch-all term used for any roof covering consisting of discrete... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Repairing Damaged Gutters
- Gutters and downspouts collect and carry away rainwater that would otherwise run off the roof, splash down and erod... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
- Roof cleaning is the process of removing algae, mold, mildew, lichen and moss from roofs. Also cleaning oxidation on metal roof... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
Ireland lockdown: construction allowed to continue
For the first time since June, the Republic of Ireland will tomorrow move to its highe... Read more »
Advice for applying fibreglass roof in winter
- Cold weather in the winter can severely hamper fibreglass roof installation. But though it may ... Read more »
5 DIY Roof Repair Tips
- If your roof is in need of some repairs and you’re looking to save a little money, you may want to look into doing s... Read more »
Autumn Roof Inspections
- The roof over your head is literally what protects you from the elements. Up there at the top of the building, it is ... Read more »
- Severe weather warnings for strong winds had been in place for eight counties, most of them coastal, including Dublin, Louth, May... Read more »