roof repair Artane
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated home goes through the roof. The good news is you can easily install roof insulation. For optimal energy efficiency, your home should be properly insulated from the roof down to its foundation.
"Many buildings contain asbestos, which was used in spray-applied flame retardant, thermal system insulation, and in a variety of other materials. Asbestos was sometimes "flocked" above false ceilings, inside technical ducts, and in many other small spaces where firefighters would have difficulty gaining access. Structural components like asbestos panels were also used. In residences, asbestos was often a component of a type of flocked acoustic ceiling called popcorn ceiling or "cottage cheese ceiling", until its production was banned in the US in 1978." read more at wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos_abatement
Considering Single-Ply Membrane Roofing for your facility? Single Ply roofing membranes provide a variety of materials to choose from. Their main characteristic is that they are designed to be installed in one layer. Single-Ply Roofing Systems take up over half of the roofing systems for commercial, industrial, and manufacturing facilities that are looking for a sustainable, economically efficient option.
What is a Cherry Picker?
What is a Cherry Picker?
As the name suggests, cherry pickers were initially developed to facilitate the picking of cherries. Jay Eitel invented the device in 1944 after a frustrating day spent picking cherries using a ladder. He went on to launch the Telsta Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA in 1953 to manufacture the device. Another early cherry picker manufacturer was Stemm Brothers, Leavenworth, WA. Other uses for cherry pickers quickly evolved.
The invention of the aerial work platform is accredited to John L. Grove, co-founder of JLG Industries. Before AWP's, scaffolding was the main form of mobility on a work site. In 1969, Grove realized there was a pressing need for a scaffolding-alternative that could safely and quickly lift workers in the air to perform construction and maintenance functions. In 1970, Grove and JLG Industries sold the first aerial work platform in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania. ( read more at wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_work_platform )
Line repair - Cherry Pickers are perfect for use in reaching telephone, cable and transmission lines that are elevated. No more workers having to use ladders or climb up poles, as you can easily lift them (and their equipment) in a safe and convenient manner.
Painting - Once a building is constructed, decorating can begin. When painting the exterior or adding final touches you might need to get to awkward or out of reach areas to do so. Your cherry picker will ensure you don’t miss a single spot. It’s also a great way to liven up a building with a painted mural or advertisement that would cost a fortune if you used a billboard or another paid form of advertising.
Farming - A cherry picker works excellently in a farming environment. Research and experience has shown that it not only helps farm workers access fruits from tall trees (such as apples and peaches) but also assists with thinning, pruning as well as installing insect monitoring devices. This can save farmers on time, insurance and labour, as well as money.
Cleaning - A common problem for many businesses in Dublin is keeping their office exterior clean in unpredictable weather as well as when pest birds like pigeons take up residence in out of sight gutters and nooks. Not only will a cherry picker allow you to do window washing, but it will also allow you to implement pest control measures for the future.
- Flat Roofing Systems, Tiles & Slate Roof, Chimneys Repairs, Thermal Insulation, Guttering Repairs and many more... Read more »
New Flat Roofs
- Is your roof leaking?
Maybe some shingles or flashing have blown off? Perhaps the damage is more severe such as sagging... Read more »
When you need a roof repair
- We offer residential and commercial roofing services including:
Roof ... Read more »
Flat Roof Repair
- Never get stuck with a leaky roof again! Our team will quickly come to your rescue and make the repairs necessary on you... Read more »
- Your chimney and fireplace is a wonderful asset to your home! It provides a great environment to relax in, emergency hea... Read more »
Tiles and slates
- Your roof slates or tiles not only have to fulfil the role of forming a watertight layer, keeping your home dry, but als... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
At EB Roofing we are very proud of the quality of roofing service that we provide for our community in Dublin.
... Read more »
Cherry Picker Services
All Roofing Services
Painting and Decorating
TV aerial installation or repair, Sate... Read more »
- I would like to thank Eugene and all his team for works carried out a the Glasnevin Academy Of Music and what a great jo... Read more »
- EB roofing did fantastic work on the roof of my extension. They were fast, clean and efficient at a very affordable pric... Read more »
Marie Anne McCusker
- Many thanks Eugeniu to you and your team for the great job you did on repairing our flat roof recently. The various opti... Read more »
Time To Call The Roof Repair Guy? These Tips Will Tell You When!
- There are many home improvements that we look forward to completing — like... Read more »
- You might be one of those people who hates going to the dentist. You want to put it off, it could be painfully expensive... Read more »
Regular Roofing Maintenance: When to Inspect the Roof
- You are aging. Don't deny it. Every day takes its toll on you little by little. Becaus... Read more »
Flat Roof or Sloped Roof: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Flat roofs and sloped roofs both are used frequently in modern constructions. Before c... Read more »
How to Inspect a Roof
- Any roof inspection should look at the roof, of course, but the roof surface is only one item that should be checked. T... Read more »
Determining The Condition of a Roof
- Roofing problems seem to show up at the worst possible times and, often, in the worst possible places. Th... Read more »
How to repair and replacement of individual roof tiles
- Here we look in depth at practical steps to consider with the actual repair and replac... Read more »
The Benefits of Building a Relationship with your Commercial Roofing Contractor
- Your building's roof is an important component in the protect... Read more »
Cost to Replace Fascias and Soffits With UPVC
- Most roofs are fitted with fascia boards, which are the timbers fixed onto the edges of rafters... Read more »
Important Information About Chopped Fiberglass Roofing!
- With the latest roofing innovations, numerous manufacturers continue to provide prosp... Read more »
Repairing Damaged Gutters
- Gutters and downspouts collect and carry away rainwater that would otherwise run off the roof, splash down and erod... Read more »
Prepare your home for winter
- These beautiful Summer days won't last forever. The days are getting shorter and colder, which means Jack Frost ... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
The Advantages of Using a Cherry Picker
- Whether you’re cleaning the windows on a building with several storeys or you need to reach an awkw... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
Can I Sue Santa Claus for Roof Damage?
- It’s that magical time of year again, when bells will be jingling and stockings hung by the chimney ... Read more »
5 DIY Roof Repair Tips
- If your roof is in need of some repairs and you’re looking to save a little money, you may want to look into doing s... Read more »
Top 7 Expert Tips to Winter Proof Your Roof
- We are fast approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it’s time to dig out the hats, ... Read more »
Evaluate Building Components Thoroughly Before Deciding to Re-Roof
- Roof leaks are often a nuisance for a building owner or property manager. ... Read more »
- Single-ply membranes are factory-manufactured sheet membranes. They generally are categorized as either thermoplastic or... Read more »
- Thermoset membranes incorporate principal polymers that are chemically cross linked or vulcanized. Membranes that are vul... Read more »
- Thermoplastic materials are distinguished from thermoset materials in that there is no chemical crosslinking. These m... Read more »
What is Roof Insulation?
- Roof insulation is the provision of insulation in the roof space in order to prevent heat loss through the ceilings ... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
- A rain gutter or surface water collection channel is a component of water discharge system for a building. Water from a pitched ... Read more »
5 Tips for Flat Roof Maintenance
- Maintenance is an essential part of preserving the integrity of a flat roofing system. Generally roofs shoul... Read more »
Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiberglass Roof
- People want new technology as per the changing time and many technologies have also emerged w... Read more »
A quarter of heat is lost through the roof in an uninsulated home
- Choosing loft insulation
If your loft is easy to access and has no damp ... Read more »
- Do you have a flat or pitched roof?
The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have. Pitc... Read more »
Home Improvments - Roof insulation
- The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have.
Pitched roof - the... Read more »
Roof Showdown - Tiles vs. Slates
- Which is right for your roof?
The easiest contrast to understand is that slate is a natural stone, wherea... Read more »
Roof Maintenance Tips
- What Should You Do About Moss On Your Roof?
No matter what kind of roof you have, you may have noticed that it has a... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
The Difference Between Tiles and Slates
- Good quality roofing materials are essential to protect the roof from water leaks and weather damage... Read more »
Insulation - Why Is It Important?
- The First Step to Going Green Is to Check Your Home's Insulation
Whether you are considering investing i... Read more »
- Shingle roofing
In its broadest sense, ‘shingle’ is a catch-all term used for any roof covering consisting of discrete... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Cherry picker Dublin
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached ... Read more »
Basic Characteristics of Roof Insulation
- 1. Thermal Performance:
The type and thickness of the insulating material determines the therma... Read more »
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached on the ... Read more »
- Roof cleaning is the process of removing algae, mold, mildew, lichen and moss from roofs. Also cleaning oxidation on metal roof... Read more »
Aerial work platform
- An aerial work platform (AWP), also known as an aerial device, elevating work platform (EWP), bucket truck or mobile ele... Read more »
Bucket Truck – A Historical Perspective
- Anyone who has ever experienced an outage of their land-line telephone, cable connection or electri... Read more »
How to safely operate a Telescopic Boom Lift
- Knowing how to operate and handle a Telescopic boom lift will make a difference in how efficient... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
Ireland lockdown: construction allowed to continue
For the first time since June, the Republic of Ireland will tomorrow move to its highe... Read more »
Roof Safety Tips for Holiday Decorating
- A. Prep your materials.
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting all the way up to the roof... Read more »
Is the Water on Your Ceiling a Roof Leak or Condensation?
- When temperatures warm up after plunging below freezing for a few days, a lot of ho... Read more »
Advice for applying fibreglass roof in winter
- Cold weather in the winter can severely hamper fibreglass roof installation. But though it may ... Read more »
What is a Roof garden?
A roof garden is a garden on the roof of a building. Besides the decorative benefit, roof plantings may provide f... Read more »
Fascias and Soffits
- Fascias and soffits are the boards that cover the ends of the roof rafters where they sit on top of the outer wall of a h... Read more »
- A retractable roof is a roof system designed to roll back the roof on tracks so that the interior of the facility is open to... Read more »