roof insulation Ireland Dublin
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated home goes through the roof. The good news is you can easily install roof insulation. For optimal energy efficiency, your home should be properly insulated from the roof down to its foundation.
Defective/leaking guttering can cause the soffit boards to rot, we also replace these where necessary. We are happy to come along and clear any debris, inspect the guttering and advise on any repairs required, such as new guttering, guttering clips and/or soffit boards. EBRoofing replace guttering, guttering clips and rainwater pipes where necessary.
As a flat roof covering option, single ply membranes offer many whole-life performance benefits: including quick installation, the potential to prefabricate, ease of repair and good service performance. Single-ply roofing is increasingly specified for large public-sector and commercial projects due to its proven long-term performance, design flexibility and speed of installation.
What is Green Roofs?
Green roofs are roofs that are purposely fitted or cultivated with vegetation. They are also be known as living roofs, eco-roofs or vegetated roofs (CIBSE 2007).
It is generally accepted that there are two main types of green roof which are described by Kibert (2008) as:
- 'Extensive: Extensive landscaped roofs are defined as low maintenance, drought-tolerant, self-seeding vegetated roof covers that incorporate colourful sedums, grasses, mosses, and meadow flowers that require little or no irrigation, fertilisation, or maintenance… Extensive systems can be placed on low-slope and pitched roofs with up to a 40% slope.
- Intensive: If there is adequate load-bearing capacity, it is possible to create actual roof gardens on many buildings. This type of eco-roof system may include lawns, meadows, bushes, trees, ponds, and terraced surfaces. Intensive systems are far more complex and heavy than extensive eco-roof systems and hence require far more maintenance.'
Some authors also describe a third type of green roof as 'simple intensive' which usually comprise grasses, herbaceous plants and shrubs. Simple intensive green roofs can be constructed using varying depths of substrate, thus combining elements of extensive and intensive roofs (Newton, Gedge et al. 2007).
Extensive green roofs are the most popularly deployed forms of green roofs as they are generally light weight and low cost. ( read more at www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Green_roofs )
Roofing contractors in Dublin area will provide you with rain gutters, guttering, gutter cleaning and siding. Call 087-183.4279 today for you free quote!
Need a cherry picker at great rates in Dublin and surrounding? Cherry pickers can be used to gain access to upper floors of construction works without needing to erect scaffolding or use cranes. Their mobility and flexibility means that they can give rapid access to a number of different locations. If you have any queries about our cherry picker services, please contact us by phone - 087-183.4279
- Flat Roofing Systems, Tiles & Slate Roof, Chimneys Repairs, Thermal Insulation, Guttering Repairs and many more... Read more »
New Flat Roofs
- Is your roof leaking?
Maybe some shingles or flashing have blown off? Perhaps the damage is more severe such as sagging... Read more »
When you need a roof repair
- We offer residential and commercial roofing services including:
Roof ... Read more »
Tiles and slates
- Your roof slates or tiles not only have to fulfil the role of forming a watertight layer, keeping your home dry, but als... Read more »
Flat Roof Repair
- Never get stuck with a leaky roof again! Our team will quickly come to your rescue and make the repairs necessary on you... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
At EB Roofing we are very proud of the quality of roofing service that we provide for our community in Dublin.
... Read more »
Repair any minor defects found during the annual inspection survey
Remove debris and unnecessary objects that may p... Read more »
- I would like to thank Eugeniu and all his team for works carried out a the Glasnevin Academy Of Music and what a great j... Read more »
- EB roofing did fantastic work on the roof of my extension. They were fast, clean and efficient at a very affordable pric... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Marie Anne McCusker
- Many thanks Eugeniu to you and your team for the great job you did on repairing our flat roof recently. The various opti... Read more »
Autumn Roof Inspections
- The roof over your head is literally what protects you from the elements. Up there at the top of the building, it is ... Read more »
- Severe weather warnings for strong winds had been in place for eight counties, most of them coastal, including Dublin, Louth, May... Read more »
- Storm Eunice made landfall in Ireland overnight, with severe winds, heavy rain and snow reported in parts of the country.
Both ... Read more »
Top 7 Expert Tips to Winter Proof Your Roof
- We are fast approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it’s time to dig out the hats, ... Read more »
- Single-ply membranes are factory-manufactured sheet membranes. They generally are categorized as either thermoplastic or... Read more »
What is Roof Insulation?
- Roof insulation is the provision of insulation in the roof space in order to prevent heat loss through the ceilings ... Read more »
A quarter of heat is lost through the roof in an uninsulated home
- Choosing loft insulation
If your loft is easy to access and has no damp ... Read more »
- Do you have a flat or pitched roof?
The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have. Pitc... Read more »
Home Improvments - Roof insulation
- The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have.
Pitched roof - the... Read more »
The Difference Between Tiles and Slates
- Good quality roofing materials are essential to protect the roof from water leaks and weather damage... Read more »
Insulation - Why Is It Important?
- The First Step to Going Green Is to Check Your Home's Insulation
Whether you are considering investing i... Read more »
- Shingle roofing
In its broadest sense, ‘shingle’ is a catch-all term used for any roof covering consisting of discrete... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Basic Characteristics of Roof Insulation
- 1. Thermal Performance:
The type and thickness of the insulating material determines the therma... Read more »
Prepare your home for winter
- These beautiful Summer days won't last forever. The days are getting shorter and colder, which means Jack Frost ... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
Is the Water on Your Ceiling a Roof Leak or Condensation?
- When temperatures warm up after plunging below freezing for a few days, a lot of ho... Read more »
Time To Call The Roof Repair Guy? These Tips Will Tell You When!
- There are many home improvements that we look forward to completing — like... Read more »
- You might be one of those people who hates going to the dentist. You want to put it off, it could be painfully expensive... Read more »
Regular Roofing Maintenance: When to Inspect the Roof
- You are aging. Don't deny it. Every day takes its toll on you little by little. Becaus... Read more »
Flat Roof or Sloped Roof: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Flat roofs and sloped roofs both are used frequently in modern constructions. Before c... Read more »
How to Inspect a Roof
- Any roof inspection should look at the roof, of course, but the roof surface is only one item that should be checked. T... Read more »
Evaluate Building Components Thoroughly Before Deciding to Re-Roof
- Roof leaks are often a nuisance for a building owner or property manager. ... Read more »
Difference Between Faced Insulation and Unfaced Insulation
- When determining the right type of insulation for your space, it is best to look a... Read more »
Determining The Condition of a Roof
- Roofing problems seem to show up at the worst possible times and, often, in the worst possible places. Th... Read more »
- Thermoset membranes incorporate principal polymers that are chemically cross linked or vulcanized. Membranes that are vul... Read more »
- Thermoplastic materials are distinguished from thermoset materials in that there is no chemical crosslinking. These m... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
- A rain gutter or surface water collection channel is a component of water discharge system for a building. Water from a pitched ... Read more »
How to repair and replacement of individual roof tiles
- Here we look in depth at practical steps to consider with the actual repair and replac... Read more »
The Benefits of Building a Relationship with your Commercial Roofing Contractor
- Your building's roof is an important component in the protect... Read more »
5 Tips for Flat Roof Maintenance
- Maintenance is an essential part of preserving the integrity of a flat roofing system. Generally roofs shoul... Read more »
Cost to Replace Fascias and Soffits With UPVC
- Most roofs are fitted with fascia boards, which are the timbers fixed onto the edges of rafters... Read more »
Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiberglass Roof
- People want new technology as per the changing time and many technologies have also emerged w... Read more »
Important Information About Chopped Fiberglass Roofing!
- With the latest roofing innovations, numerous manufacturers continue to provide prosp... Read more »
Roof Showdown - Tiles vs. Slates
- Which is right for your roof?
The easiest contrast to understand is that slate is a natural stone, wherea... Read more »
Roof Maintenance Tips
- What Should You Do About Moss On Your Roof?
No matter what kind of roof you have, you may have noticed that it has a... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
5 Benefits of Fiberglass Insulation Installation
- If you are looking for the most budget-friendly way to install insulation in your home, cons... Read more »
Repairing Damaged Gutters
- Gutters and downspouts collect and carry away rainwater that would otherwise run off the roof, splash down and erod... Read more »
Cherry picker Dublin
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached ... Read more »
- Roof cleaning is the process of removing algae, mold, mildew, lichen and moss from roofs. Also cleaning oxidation on metal roof... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
Telescopic vs. Articulating Boom Lifts: What’s the Difference?
- Both lifts can take construction workers to high, hard-to-reach spots, but n... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
The Advantages of Using a Cherry Picker
- Whether you’re cleaning the windows on a building with several storeys or you need to reach an awkw... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Ireland lockdown: construction allowed to continue
For the first time since June, the Republic of Ireland will tomorrow move to its highe... Read more »
Roof Safety Tips for Holiday Decorating
- A. Prep your materials.
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting all the way up to the roof... Read more »
Can I Sue Santa Claus for Roof Damage?
- It’s that magical time of year again, when bells will be jingling and stockings hung by the chimney ... Read more »
Advice for applying fibreglass roof in winter
- Cold weather in the winter can severely hamper fibreglass roof installation. But though it may ... Read more »
What is a Roof garden?
A roof garden is a garden on the roof of a building. Besides the decorative benefit, roof plantings may provide f... Read more »
Hundreds of homes without power as Storm Bella hits Ireland with snow and ice warnings issued
- A status yellow snow and ice warning has been ... Read more »
Fascias and Soffits
- Fascias and soffits are the boards that cover the ends of the roof rafters where they sit on top of the outer wall of a h... Read more »
5 DIY Roof Repair Tips
- If your roof is in need of some repairs and you’re looking to save a little money, you may want to look into doing s... Read more »
- A retractable roof is a roof system designed to roll back the roof on tracks so that the interior of the facility is open to... Read more »