professional roofers contractors
Roof maintenance is often overlooked by most homeowners. The average roof is replaced 7-10 years sooner because homeowners fail to maintain their roofs. It's critical that you inspect your roof every spring and fall. A good time to do this is when you're cleaning your gutters. Water is potentially most likely to enter through the roof, so putting right minor problems here before they worsen can avert the need for more extensive repair.
If the guttering on your roof is leaking, sagging, damaged or not draining rainwater away as it should, you should arrange to have repairs made as soon as possible. Water that leaks from guttering can damage your property and result in internal damp problems. We are able to perform repairs on all types of properties, commercial, domestic, etc.
Single-ply roofing membranes have grown in popularity over the past 30 years, and due to their flexibility, relative ease of installation, and competitive price, it’s no wonder that building owners and facilities professionals are interested. If you’ve sipped the alphabet soup of single-ply roofing systems, then you probably have a taste for their characteristics and advantages.
What is Green Roofs?
Green roofs are roofs that are purposely fitted or cultivated with vegetation. They are also be known as living roofs, eco-roofs or vegetated roofs (CIBSE 2007).
It is generally accepted that there are two main types of green roof which are described by Kibert (2008) as:
- 'Extensive: Extensive landscaped roofs are defined as low maintenance, drought-tolerant, self-seeding vegetated roof covers that incorporate colourful sedums, grasses, mosses, and meadow flowers that require little or no irrigation, fertilisation, or maintenance… Extensive systems can be placed on low-slope and pitched roofs with up to a 40% slope.
- Intensive: If there is adequate load-bearing capacity, it is possible to create actual roof gardens on many buildings. This type of eco-roof system may include lawns, meadows, bushes, trees, ponds, and terraced surfaces. Intensive systems are far more complex and heavy than extensive eco-roof systems and hence require far more maintenance.'
Some authors also describe a third type of green roof as 'simple intensive' which usually comprise grasses, herbaceous plants and shrubs. Simple intensive green roofs can be constructed using varying depths of substrate, thus combining elements of extensive and intensive roofs (Newton, Gedge et al. 2007).
Extensive green roofs are the most popularly deployed forms of green roofs as they are generally light weight and low cost. ( read more at www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Green_roofs )
EBRoofing's professional guttering repair team can provide any services around your guttering. We are able to repair your existing guttering and clear out your guttering. Call 087-183.4279 today!
Need a cherry picker at great rates in Dublin and surrounding? Cherry pickers can be used to gain access to upper floors of construction works without needing to erect scaffolding or use cranes. Their mobility and flexibility means that they can give rapid access to a number of different locations. If you have any queries about our cherry picker services, please contact us by phone - 087-183.4279
Cherry Picker Services
- An EBRoofing cherry picker service is a safe, cost effective and quick option we offer. Our team is happy to bring you n... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
- I would like to thank Eugeniu and all his team for works carried out a the Glasnevin Academy Of Music and what a great j... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Cost to Replace Fascias and Soffits With UPVC
- Most roofs are fitted with fascia boards, which are the timbers fixed onto the edges of rafters... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
Time To Call The Roof Repair Guy? These Tips Will Tell You When!
- There are many home improvements that we look forward to completing — like... Read more »
How to Inspect a Roof
- Any roof inspection should look at the roof, of course, but the roof surface is only one item that should be checked. T... Read more »
Evaluate Building Components Thoroughly Before Deciding to Re-Roof
- Roof leaks are often a nuisance for a building owner or property manager. ... Read more »
- Thermoset membranes incorporate principal polymers that are chemically cross linked or vulcanized. Membranes that are vul... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
A quarter of heat is lost through the roof in an uninsulated home
- Choosing loft insulation
If your loft is easy to access and has no damp ... Read more »
- Do you have a flat or pitched roof?
The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have. Pitc... Read more »
Home Improvments - Roof insulation
- The type of insulation you should choose will depend on the type of roof you have.
Pitched roof - the... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Prepare your home for winter
- These beautiful Summer days won't last forever. The days are getting shorter and colder, which means Jack Frost ... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
COVID-19 and the Global Construction Business
- As Governments, Media and Industries struggle to evaluate the potential consequences of COVID-1... Read more »
Is the Water on Your Ceiling a Roof Leak or Condensation?
- When temperatures warm up after plunging below freezing for a few days, a lot of ho... Read more »
Fascias and Soffits
- Fascias and soffits are the boards that cover the ends of the roof rafters where they sit on top of the outer wall of a h... Read more »
5 DIY Roof Repair Tips
- If your roof is in need of some repairs and you’re looking to save a little money, you may want to look into doing s... Read more »
- Severe weather warnings for strong winds had been in place for eight counties, most of them coastal, including Dublin, Louth, May... Read more »
- Storm Eunice made landfall in Ireland overnight, with severe winds, heavy rain and snow reported in parts of the country.
Both ... Read more »