aerial work platform
A cherry picker is mobile and versatile and has a boom able to extend forwards and upwards. Different attachments can be fitted to the end of the boom, such as a cradle, bucket, pallet forks, muck grab, winch, and so on. It is flexible and multi-purpose, ideal for jobs that require the user to work at height in awkward of locations. For more information, see Cherry picker.
Inspections are recommended at least twice per year—once in the spring and once in the fall. A local roofing professional should be asked to inspect and repair any flashings and penetrations with gaps or tears, as well as cut and seal any blisters or splits where water can infiltrate the roof system. Even something as seemingly simple as routine cleaning of drains and downspouts can prevent small headaches from compounding into exponentially costly problems.
Single-ply roofing membranes have grown in popularity over the past 30 years, and due to their flexibility, relative ease of installation, and competitive price, it’s no wonder that building owners and facilities professionals are interested. If you’ve sipped the alphabet soup of single-ply roofing systems, then you probably have a taste for their characteristics and advantages.
What is a Cherry Picker?
What is a Cherry Picker?
As the name suggests, cherry pickers were initially developed to facilitate the picking of cherries. Jay Eitel invented the device in 1944 after a frustrating day spent picking cherries using a ladder. He went on to launch the Telsta Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA in 1953 to manufacture the device. Another early cherry picker manufacturer was Stemm Brothers, Leavenworth, WA. Other uses for cherry pickers quickly evolved.
The invention of the aerial work platform is accredited to John L. Grove, co-founder of JLG Industries. Before AWP's, scaffolding was the main form of mobility on a work site. In 1969, Grove realized there was a pressing need for a scaffolding-alternative that could safely and quickly lift workers in the air to perform construction and maintenance functions. In 1970, Grove and JLG Industries sold the first aerial work platform in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania. ( read more at wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_work_platform )
Line repair - Cherry Pickers are perfect for use in reaching telephone, cable and transmission lines that are elevated. No more workers having to use ladders or climb up poles, as you can easily lift them (and their equipment) in a safe and convenient manner.
Painting - Once a building is constructed, decorating can begin. When painting the exterior or adding final touches you might need to get to awkward or out of reach areas to do so. Your cherry picker will ensure you don’t miss a single spot. It’s also a great way to liven up a building with a painted mural or advertisement that would cost a fortune if you used a billboard or another paid form of advertising.
Farming - A cherry picker works excellently in a farming environment. Research and experience has shown that it not only helps farm workers access fruits from tall trees (such as apples and peaches) but also assists with thinning, pruning as well as installing insect monitoring devices. This can save farmers on time, insurance and labour, as well as money.
Cleaning - A common problem for many businesses in Dublin is keeping their office exterior clean in unpredictable weather as well as when pest birds like pigeons take up residence in out of sight gutters and nooks. Not only will a cherry picker allow you to do window washing, but it will also allow you to implement pest control measures for the future.
- All of the work could be validated by independent survey or local building control inspector before you pay. Read more »
- Your chimney and fireplace is a wonderful asset to your home! It provides a great environment to relax in, emergency hea... Read more »
Tiles and slates
- Your roof slates or tiles not only have to fulfil the role of forming a watertight layer, keeping your home dry, but als... Read more »
Flat Roof Repair
- Never get stuck with a leaky roof again! Our team will quickly come to your rescue and make the repairs necessary on you... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
Cherry Picker Services
All Roofing Services
Painting and Decorating
TV aerial installation or repair, Sate... Read more »
- I would like to thank Eugeniu and all his team for works carried out a the Glasnevin Academy Of Music and what a great j... Read more »
- I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe Eugeniu Borta's work.
He is skillful, resourceful, honest, helpful,... Read more »
- EB roofing did fantastic work on the roof of my extension. They were fast, clean and efficient at a very affordable pric... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Cherry picker Dublin
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached ... Read more »
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached on the ... Read more »
A brief history of the cherry picker
- The Cherry Picker is a well-established piece of machinery that can be seen up and down the country bein... Read more »
Aerial work platform
- An aerial work platform (AWP), also known as an aerial device, elevating work platform (EWP), bucket truck or mobile ele... Read more »
How to safely operate a Telescopic Boom Lift
- Knowing how to operate and handle a Telescopic boom lift will make a difference in how efficient... Read more »
5 Ways to use a Cherry Picker
- Cherry pickers can be hired for a multitude of uses, with or without an operator. They’re an extremely useful... Read more »
Three fun facts about cherry pickers
- Cherry pickers are one of those things we take for granted. They can be intimidating (especially if you'... Read more »
Bucket Truck – A Historical Perspective
- Anyone who has ever experienced an outage of their land-line telephone, cable connection or electri... Read more »
Telescopic vs. Articulating Boom Lifts: What’s the Difference?
- Both lifts can take construction workers to high, hard-to-reach spots, but n... Read more »
- You might be one of those people who hates going to the dentist. You want to put it off, it could be painfully expensive... Read more »
Top 7 Expert Tips to Winter Proof Your Roof
- We are fast approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it’s time to dig out the hats, ... Read more »
- Asbestos is a natural mineral made up of many small fibres. There are three main types:
Blue asbestos - crocidolite
Brown asbest... Read more »
The Benefits of Building a Relationship with your Commercial Roofing Contractor
- Your building's roof is an important component in the protect... Read more »
Cost to Replace Fascias and Soffits With UPVC
- Most roofs are fitted with fascia boards, which are the timbers fixed onto the edges of rafters... Read more »
- Asbestos Contractors
The handling of asbestos must be done with great care due to the toxic properties of this substance a... Read more »
Insulation - Why Is It Important?
- The First Step to Going Green Is to Check Your Home's Insulation
Whether you are considering investing i... Read more »
How to insulate a loft or roof: install insulation and save on heating
- Loft or roof insulation
Around 25% of heat lost from an un-insulated ... Read more »
Repairing Damaged Gutters
- Gutters and downspouts collect and carry away rainwater that would otherwise run off the roof, splash down and erod... Read more »
Prepare your home for winter
- These beautiful Summer days won't last forever. The days are getting shorter and colder, which means Jack Frost ... Read more »
Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Roof
- It’s above you every day. But you rarely even think about it: your roof.
Your roof provides y... Read more »
7 Winter Roof Maintenance Tips
- Winter can bring some extra wear and tear to your roof. To help prevent costly damage, check out these roof ma... Read more »
- A roofer, roof mechanic, or roofing contractor is a tradesperson who specializes in roof construction. Roofers replace, repair, and in... Read more »
Operating A Cherry Picker Takes More Than Just Keys
- One of the biggest challenges in the construction industry is working with heights. Apart... Read more »
Is Your Roof Ready for Autumn Weather?
- Roof repairs and replacements can be costly if you don’t maintain your roof and prepare it for the h... Read more »
The Advantages of Using a Cherry Picker
- Whether you’re cleaning the windows on a building with several storeys or you need to reach an awkw... Read more »
Getting a new roof or roof repair during Covid-19
- Can you get a new roof or roof repair during COVID-19? In most cases, the answer is yes –... Read more »
Ireland lockdown: construction allowed to continue
For the first time since June, the Republic of Ireland will tomorrow move to its highe... Read more »
Top 5 Uses for a Cherry Picker
- The cherry picker has a diverse number of uses and is an integral part of many construction and engineering en... Read more »
Safe Roof Repair and Replacement In The Time of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted our everyday lives, but the fact remains th... Read more »
Advice for applying fibreglass roof in winter
- Cold weather in the winter can severely hamper fibreglass roof installation. But though it may ... Read more »
The Benefits of Hiring a Cherry Picker
- Cherry pickers can be extremely beneficial for a number of different jobs and tasks, from cleaning out... Read more »
5 DIY Roof Repair Tips
- If your roof is in need of some repairs and you’re looking to save a little money, you may want to look into doing s... Read more »
Portable vs. fixed (rooftop) solar panels
- Portable vs Rooftop Solar – there’s never been a better time to invest in solar power for an RV... Read more »