cherry picker Dublin
Flat roofs exist all over the world and each area has its own tradition or preference for materials used. In warmer climates, where there is less rainfall and freezing is unlikely to occur, many flat roofs are simply built of masonry or concrete and this is good at keeping out the heat of the sun and cheap and easy to build where timber is not readily available. In areas where the roof could become saturated by rain and leak, or where water soaked into the brickwork could freeze to ice and thus lead to 'blowing' (breaking up of the mortar/brickwork/concrete by the expansion of ice as it forms) these roofs are not suitable.
Defective/leaking guttering can cause the soffit boards to rot, we also replace these where necessary. We are happy to come along and clear any debris, inspect the guttering and advise on any repairs required, such as new guttering, guttering clips and/or soffit boards. EBRoofing replace guttering, guttering clips and rainwater pipes where necessary.
Single-Ply roofing membranes provide great flexibility and UV resistance, can be installed in one layer using fasteners or adhesives, and come in a variety of materials including TPO and PVC. Single ply roofing has become an increasingly popular flat roof covering over the last few years. Essentially, a single ply membrane roof is comprised of flexible sheets of synthetic polymer that can be divided into two main groups, thermoplastics and synthetic rubber.
What is Green Roofs?
Green roofs are roofs that are purposely fitted or cultivated with vegetation. They are also be known as living roofs, eco-roofs or vegetated roofs (CIBSE 2007).
It is generally accepted that there are two main types of green roof which are described by Kibert (2008) as:
- 'Extensive: Extensive landscaped roofs are defined as low maintenance, drought-tolerant, self-seeding vegetated roof covers that incorporate colourful sedums, grasses, mosses, and meadow flowers that require little or no irrigation, fertilisation, or maintenance… Extensive systems can be placed on low-slope and pitched roofs with up to a 40% slope.
- Intensive: If there is adequate load-bearing capacity, it is possible to create actual roof gardens on many buildings. This type of eco-roof system may include lawns, meadows, bushes, trees, ponds, and terraced surfaces. Intensive systems are far more complex and heavy than extensive eco-roof systems and hence require far more maintenance.'
Some authors also describe a third type of green roof as 'simple intensive' which usually comprise grasses, herbaceous plants and shrubs. Simple intensive green roofs can be constructed using varying depths of substrate, thus combining elements of extensive and intensive roofs (Newton, Gedge et al. 2007).
Extensive green roofs are the most popularly deployed forms of green roofs as they are generally light weight and low cost. ( read more at www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Green_roofs )
Is it time to get your roof replaced or your gutters cleaned or repaired? Perhaps you need your chimney recapping? Contact EBRoofing for your roof and guttering solutions.
New Flat Roofs
- Is your roof leaking?
Maybe some shingles or flashing have blown off? Perhaps the damage is more severe such as sagging... Read more »
Cherry Picker Services
- An EBRoofing cherry picker service is a safe, cost effective and quick option we offer. Our team is happy to bring you n... Read more »
About EB Roofing
- EB Roofing is a company that specialises in flat roofing from start to finish and all other types of roof repairs.
W... Read more »
At EB Roofing we are very proud of the quality of roofing service that we provide for our community in Dublin.
... Read more »
Cherry Picker Services
All Roofing Services
Painting and Decorating
TV aerial installation or repair, Sate... Read more »
- To whom it may concern,
We have used EB Roofing at Apartments, Island View Court, Raheny, Dublin 5. They are roofing ... Read more »
Cherry picker Dublin
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached ... Read more »
Telescopic vs. Articulating Boom Lifts: What’s the Difference?
- Both lifts can take construction workers to high, hard-to-reach spots, but n... Read more »
Three fun facts about cherry pickers
- Cherry pickers are one of those things we take for granted. They can be intimidating (especially if you'... Read more »
- Cherry pickers are pieces of machinery easily identified by their long, extendible arm (or boom) with a cradle attached on the ... Read more »
A brief history of the cherry picker
- The Cherry Picker is a well-established piece of machinery that can be seen up and down the country bein... Read more »
Aerial work platform
- An aerial work platform (AWP), also known as an aerial device, elevating work platform (EWP), bucket truck or mobile ele... Read more »
Bucket Truck – A Historical Perspective
- Anyone who has ever experienced an outage of their land-line telephone, cable connection or electri... Read more »
Operating A Cherry Picker Takes More Than Just Keys
- One of the biggest challenges in the construction industry is working with heights. Apart... Read more »
The Advantages of Using a Cherry Picker
- Whether you’re cleaning the windows on a building with several storeys or you need to reach an awkw... Read more »
Top 5 Uses for a Cherry Picker
- The cherry picker has a diverse number of uses and is an integral part of many construction and engineering en... Read more »
The Benefits of Hiring a Cherry Picker
- Cherry pickers can be extremely beneficial for a number of different jobs and tasks, from cleaning out... Read more »
5 Ways to use a Cherry Picker
- Cherry pickers can be hired for a multitude of uses, with or without an operator. They’re an extremely useful... Read more »
Questions and Answers
- ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. It is built on top of Op... Read more »
7 ways to use a cherry picker
- A cherry picker is a type of aerial work platform that is commonly used for reaching elevated heights for maint... Read more »
Boom Lifts vs. Cherry Pickers
- Boom lifts and cherry pickers are two types of aerial work platforms used to reach heights that are difficult t... Read more »
The Vital Role of Cherry Pickers in Roofing Companies
- Roofing is an essential aspect of any building, ensuring protection from the elements a... Read more »
- Severe weather warnings for strong winds had been in place for eight counties, most of them coastal, including Dublin, Louth, May... Read more »
- Storm Eunice made landfall in Ireland overnight, with severe winds, heavy rain and snow reported in parts of the country.
Both ... Read more »
Periodic roof maintenance
- Periodic roof maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and integrity of your roof. This type of maintenance... Read more »
Do you need a roof?
- There are several popular residential roofing trends for both residential and commercial buildings, with some of the most... Read more »
If you ask Google "What is global warming" you will get this response:
"Global warming is the long-term heat... Read more »
Extreme Weather in Ireland: A Glimpse of the Past 6 Years
- Over the past six years, Ireland has witnessed a series of extreme weather events t... Read more »
The big storms registered in Dublin
- Do you know which are the big storms registered in Dublin in XVIII, XIX and XX centuries? Here is a summa... Read more »